Thursday 28 January 2010

Bits n Bobs

Got some new bits for Bens bike under development today at Wilkinsons - a really cheap shop that seems to sell practically anything.
Drinks bottle cage £1.63
Front brake cable £0.00
Rear brake cable £1.04
Front mud guard £2.17
Rear mudguard £4.99
From the receipt it looks like they didnt charge me for one of the brake cables. The mudguards are the mountain bike type; rear fixes onto the seat post and the front clips around the bottom bar. I only went in there for the bottle cage as it suddenly occured to me that it would be a prudent idea to drill the holes for it before I finish the spraying in case of chips and scratches, but the other items were too good an opportunity to pass by.
I'll post some pics of the frame so far this weekend.
I also noticed they have front and rear lights, inner tubes and tyres in there also which may come in handy in the latter stages of the project. Miles cheaper than Halfords anyway because I bought a front and read mudguard pack from Halfords a few weeks ago at £14.00.

No comments:

Post a Comment